To view this protected post, enter the password below:
To view this protected post, enter the password below:
Welcome to the
Be the amazing changemaker you were called to be without the burnout and fatigue, especially in these challenging times!
We need to practice radical self-care NOW more than ever.
Next group starts
So how do you make this happen? By doing it together, with support, guidance, and accountability. It’s time to prioritize your health and well-being, knowing that you can’t give from an empty cup.
* Establish more clarity and confidence around your FOOD/NUTRITION choices and routines so that you can feel more energized, balanced, and nourished all day long and continue to support your immune system.
* Practice effective strategies to support better quality SLEEP/REST because sleep is essential to having vital health, more energy, less cravings, and more resilience in handling the big changes you are facing.
* Create the healthy SCHEDULE/HABITS/ROUTINES that allow you to move through your day with greater ease, energy, and focus. These times have highlighted the importance of routines more than ever!
* Prioritize more daily MOVEMENT into your routine so that you can be more present in your body, relieve stress, support immune health, and feel stronger.
* Cultivate ways to have moments of meaningful CONNECTION TO SELF in the form of self-care practices, self-love mindset, expressions of creativity, and opportunities for pleasure and joy, even in the midst of the unknown.
* Focus on your MINDSET and create more mindfulness practices and cultivate rest. This is key to being present each day, even when there is a lack of clarity in the larger world. This time in our history is asking us to slow down while also continuing to be focused and effective in our work, our relationships, and our communities.
* Continue to build meaningful CONNECTION TO OTHERS (your community, family, personal and professional relationships, social justice movements, our planet) from a place of authenticity, giving from the overflow, and healthy boundaries. This group is also an opportunity to make meaningful connections with people who get what you’re going through.
* Continue to develop and nurture your sense of PURPOSE/MISSION because I know you came into this world at this time to make the largest positive impact! If the last few months have taught us anything, it’s that we need to be healthy and strong to really show up for ourselves, our students, and our community. Let’s do this together!
Over the course of four months, you’ll receive:
I am committed to making this group program affordable and accessible. For that reason, I am offering a sliding scale of three investment points depending on your current financial situation:
For FOUR months of Whole Life Nourishment support, your sliding scale options are $750, $900 or $1050
Payment plans available upon request. Venmo, PayPal, or a personalized invoice are also options–just contact me!
If you want to learn how to optimize your health and well-being so that you can continue to be an energized, healthy changemaker even in the midst of so much change, aggravation and uncertainty then . . .
Or if you still have questions, let’s set up a 15-Minute Clarity Call phone conversation to see if this program is the right fit for you!
You can also email me directly at [email protected]
Next group starts Mid-November 2020!
“Michelle has a breadth of knowledge on holistic healing but what sets her apart is her care for her clients. She’s gotten me through a major health crisis and I wouldn’t be where I am today professionally or personally without her.” –AZ, activist and university professor
“Michelle is the most intuitive and attentive practitioner I’ve ever worked with and has given me very usable and helpful advice. I’ve already made great strides toward all of my health goals and look forward to continuing to work with her in the future.” –AO, grant writer
“I was struggling with food cravings, insomnia and anxiety. Michelle helped me improve my sleep and then we found easy-to-prepare balanced meals that I enjoyed. Once I started eating these meals, my emotional eating and cravings disappeared! My anxiety also disappeared and I lost 14 pounds since January 1st. I’m loving food, never hungry, and I feel normal! Best investment I’ve made!” –TLC community college instructor, activist, artist
“Michelle is outstanding. I am constantly learning new things about my nutrition every time I see her. It is rare to find someone who embodies everything from the technical understanding to the empathetic ear…and Michelle does just that. I look forward to our meetings and have enjoyed every step of this journey with her. Thank you Michelle for sharing your love of food and health with me!” –SN, dance teacher, BIPOC business owner, artist
“Michelle is knowledgeable, engaging, and on point. All of her recommendations are evidenced-based, simple to implement, and life-changing. She’s wonderful!” –JS, Executive director of a foundation committed to a thriving planet
Questions? Let’s talk. Book a Clarity Call online today!
Here are some of the benefits of joining today . . .
* More energy, better quality sleep, and practical ways to nourish yourself with food (even in the midst of such challenging times)!
*Greater ease in creating healthy habits that support your well-being on a daily basis. Small steps lead to great shifts!
*Practical tips and suggestions that you can apply immediately. Let’s stop waiting for “when” or “if” and take action today!
*Personalized guidance in how to make small changes that yield big results. Every body is different and I’m here to support you through a model that works for your unique body, lifestyle, and situation.
*Opportunities to set practical goals/action steps that you can actually achieve to keep you on track with your health and well-being (so you can keep being an amazing changemaker!).
*Ongoing accountability, encouragement, and connection so that you can really show up as your best. This is key! We can’t do it alone! We need connection and community more now than ever!
*The support and wisdom of your fellow group members who know exactly what you’re going through!
For those of you new to me, my name is Michelle Dwyer and I am a Holistic Health Coach and Certified Nutrition Consultant. I have a Master of Science degree in Health and Nutrition Education and I’m Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition.
I am also committed to various social justice issues and see myself as an agent of positive change. I am excited to serve my fellow changemakers in your health and well-being so that YOU can show up in all the ways our world needs you . . . whether that’s at a grassroots level or more global. For more information about my larger vision and the causes I support, please go to my blog post here.
Looking forward to connecting with you soon!
Michelle Dwyer, Transformation Coach, Holistic Health Coach and Certified Nutrition Consultant, MS in Health and Nutrition Education, Former Educator, Agent of Positive Change
October is a poignant month for me. You see, my mom passed away on October 15, 1995 from complications from metastatic breast cancer. I was 21 years old. She was only 48.
Way too young. Both of us. Me, too young to lose my mother. My mother, way too young to die.
And ironically October is also Breast Cancer Awareness Month. However, I like to call it BREAST HEALTH AWARENESS MONTH instead.
This is more than an abstract pink-ribbon month for me. It’s personal. For me, I’d rather focus on having a healthy and balanced body.
At the age of 21 I made a choice. I was not going to go down the road of my mother’s body. I was going to do what I could, on a daily basis, to take good care of myself. I realized I had two choices: I could choose FEAR or I could choose LOVE. I chose LOVE. Love for myself, my body, my breasts, my health, my future.
And so, decades before I would eventually become a holistic health coach and nutrition consultant, I started to pay attention to my health in a way most 21-year-olds don’t. For years I’ve been clearing out potential carcinogens like harmful beauty products and cleaning supplies, unnecessary plastics, toxic food, and even harmful stress and mindsets (and people). I wasn’t anywhere near perfect (and I’m still not) but I have been making a conscious effort to be mindful of what goes on my body, in body, near my body.
Let me take a moment to tell you a little about my mom because I don’t want her to be defined by how she died. My mom was a strong woman and taught my sister and me to be strong women, too. She put herself through college at UC Santa Barbara and taught high school her entire adult life (first home economics and then history when they began to phase out home ec classes). She loved to shop and had a great eye for color. She was a fantastic gift giver and would shower us with presents at Christmas, often with gifts she had been collecting for us all year. She was actually very “crafty” and made all sorts of decorations (many of which we still have). She loved going to Hawaii, visiting historical sites, and planning amazing trips for our family. She could be incredibly “thrifty” but also was incredibly generous. We didn’t always agree (what mother and daughter do?) but I never doubted that she loved us deeply. Or that she continues to watch over us.
This is a picture of my family at my sister’s graduation from high school, just four months before we’d lose our mother. (My sister asked me to crop it! LOL!)
1. Eat a healthy diet: Did you know that increasing your fiber intake can help lower excess estrogen levels and decrease your risk of breast cancer? Best way to get that fiber is to eat at least 3-8 cups of organic, seasonal vegetables every day (along with 1-3 servings of fruit)! Think dark leafy greens, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, green beans, bok choy and other colorful foods. And if you’re eating all those veggies, you probably will have less sugar cravings too because your blood sugar will be more stable. Avoiding processed sugar and other foods that spike your insulin levels is another helpful thing we can do for our breast health every day.
2. Exercise regularly: Regular exercise has numerous benefits: we feel good, it helps us manage our stress levels, we often do it with others so we get to connect, it can help decrease excess estrogen levels, and it lowers the risk of breast cancer. Find something fun to do! And do it often.
3. Be social: As humans, we need connection to our “tribe.” We are social creatures and it’s important to cultivate meaningful relationships with others as part of our health and wellness plan. Women especially need to connect with other women often.
4. Be mindful of the chemicals you bring into your home: How toxic are your cleaning supplies? How about the beauty products you put on your skin every day? What’s in that lotion? Or your shampoo? Check out the EWG’s Skin Deep Database to find out more.
5. Practice Self-Care and Self-Love Every Day: As Dr. Christiane Northrup, women’s health expert and OB/GYN, so beautifully states: “This is the most important factor in creating health because carving out time to care for and love yourself unconditionally feeds your cells the positive thoughts and emotions they need to reproduce in a healthy way.” I love this and in fact this exactly what I guide people through in the Whole Life Nourishment for Changemakers group program!
As a board-certified practitioner in holistic nutrition and certified nutrition consultant with a Master of Science degree in Health and Nutrition Education, I am here to serve my clients in their whole health and well-being any way I can.
And I get asked all the time for recommendations . . . everything from recipes to supplements to restaurants to specific products. And by nature, I LOVE giving helpful suggestions! (I’m one of those people that strangers will walk up to and ask me for a recommendation!)
So this post is a long time coming! I’m here to share some of my FAVORITE things with you!
Full disclosure: For a few of these items, I do receive a very small amount of compensation if you use my link. I’ve marked these with an asterisk (*) so you know. Feel free to find these things on your own as well! 🙂 My intent is to put great things on your radar!
DoTerra is a fantastic collection of pure essential oils. Why do I choose DoTerra? High quality, beautiful blends that not only smell great but past my testing standards! Some of my favorites include Serenity for a lovely calming blend, Deep Blue to apply to tired and achy muscles and joints, Cheer roller for anytime pick-me-up, ClaryCalm roller for hormonal support during your period, and the whole OnGuard line for quality immune support and daily, safe cleaning! Want to know more? Let’s talk!
Dry Farm Wines curates only the highest quality natural wines from small, sustainable, organic /biodynamic, family farms that meet their strict standard of health and taste! Unlike today’s commercialized and processed wines–which are full of additives, sugar, pesticides and other harmful ingredients–Dry Farm wines are sugar-free, lower alcohol, lower sulfites, paleo and keto friendly, and free of industrial additives–this is real and delicious wine!
Sun Basket is meal-kit that delivers fresh, pre-measured ingredients with easy-to-follow, delicious recipes directly to your door in an insulated box. Great options from gluten-free, paleo, low-carb, vegetarian, and dairy-free to family-friendly or “speedy” meals. I’ve tried a few kits and this remains my favorite in terms of quality!
Nutritionally designed meals you’ll crave, delivered to your door! Each week their chefs create a delicious new menu packed with the highest quality ingredients. Choose from plant-based or add meat. All of Thistle’s meals are gluten and dairy-free and they use organic produce whenever possible. I’ve had 30+meals from them over the last few years (all paid for by me) and I’ve enjoyed every salad and dinner I’ve received! So many veggies and delicious sauces!
Methodology’s motto is “food as medicine.” Great options of whole-food, paleo-friendly, nourishing meals designed with your wellness and tastebuds in mind. Free of gluten, refined sugar, canola oil, vegetable oil, corn, legumes, chemicals, preservatives, or processed ingredients. Plus, foods comes in reusable glass jars!!
Roasted, ground, and brewed just like coffee, Crio Bru has the amazing flavor and aroma of pure dark chocolate (without the sugar!). Plus all the benefits of cacao–a superfood prized by ancient cultures for its energizing and restorative properties. Crio Bru also has theobromine, a naturally occurring stimulant found in cacao that can be longer lasting, milder, and more pleasant than caffeine. How I start my morning every day!
Beautycounter is a line of SAFE and CLEAN skincare, bath/body, and makeup beauty products that are free from harmful chemicals that wreak havoc on our bodies. There are more than 80,000 chemicals on the market today & many don’t have any safety data! Why would I put that on my body??!! I love Beautycounter because it is a company that I can trust is using only the safest ingredients, is against animal testing, AND works and feels GREAT! Message me for ideas of where to start!
To view this protected post, enter the password below: